Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ace - 'What Does Let It Burn Mean?'

Ace over at Ace of Spades blog masterfully explains the strategy/philosophy of 'What Does Let It Burn Mean?'
“Let It Burn” is about inaction. There’s no point in trying do anything that avoids going over the fiscal cliff/sequestration. Remember, the deal that got us to this point was agreed to by House Republicans, Senate Democrats and signed by Obama. That’s as bi-partisan as it gets. I’ve heard from squishy low information voters, Obama and the media that “bi-partisan problem solving” is the Holy Grail of politics. Well, here it is. Will it lead to massive disruptions? Yes. That’s the point. The current system is rigged against conservative. We should play no part in its perpetuation. If you can’t win the game, concede and start new one. That’s the heart of Let It Burn. This isn't some petty "I lost so I'm taking my ball and going home" tirade. This is what people want. It's simply not sustainable. If we can't stop them, we don't have to continue to enable them either. - Ace of Spades
Go read the whole thing.

The first weekend after the election I was talking with a friend who knew I wished that the results would have been different. I explained that it is OK as in time my position will be proven correct once the Government runs out of ways to borrow and take an unsustainable amount of money for ever increasing spending. Her comment back was that it sounded like my plan was to let it all burn down. I corrected her by stating that my plan was to elect a President willing to try and fix the country's spending problem. It was my expectation that the country was going to burn down under the weight of uncontrolled spending.

As Ace's piece argues, the sooner the better. The population needs a harder lesson. Thinking that other people can pay your way is fine, until you run out of other people. We have hit that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment